2017 Parent Learning Weekend
In July of 2017, 18 parents attended the fourth annual Parent Learning Weekend at the Oregon Garden Resort. More.
Tools and resources developed by the Oregon Deafblind Working Group to assist parents, students and professionals.
- Screening checklists to determine if other factors (e.g. Usher Syndrome) impact learning.
- What Do I Do Next? Next steps for teachers with a child in their classroom who may have Usher Syndrome .
- Usher Syndrome Resources: Links to a variety of resources and information about Usher Syndrome.
The Hearing Screening Checklist, a tool for educators and family to determine whether a child should be referred to a D/HH Specialist or audiologist for further testing.
The ODB Family Guide: information and resources for families.
In Case of Emergency
Resources to help you and your family plan for and survive in case of an emergency.
- To register a child who is deafblind, please download the Oregon DeafBlind Project Child Registration Form, fill it out and return.
- Letter from OSEP Project Officer, Joann McCann.
- How do you identify a child who is deafblind? Learn how with the Observation and the practiced eyes training module.
- National Center on Deaf-Blindness